We talked about her life - a lot of feeling, expectation and yearning. The best was she's able to go deeper to the heart to see her relationship with all those who comes into her life and the best gift is to be able to reconnect with GOD - the long lost connection. Throughout the treatment, she had fear in bearing alone. However, she learnt to draw strength and courage to go through everyday. She knew Jesus would walk gently with her. Yes, it was very true....
In discomfort,she praised HIM in prayer and songs.She found HIM in his words. She expressed her feeling in drawing. Every drop of tears was one step forward to have hope in her sickness. Every small step she learnt to walk was a great feeling that God was with her. She smiled when sharing her plans after recovering.
Her invitation to go home:
26th Dec,she was admitted to hospital again. She was in critical condition . About 1pm , I sat beside her bed. What else could I say ? I hold my tears and heard myself telling her softly,"Jesus loves you". She opened her eyes and smiled.
Outside the room, I sat quietly listening to her mom. She is a great mom who silently walked and fought this sickness with her daughter. In tears mom shared how she would miss her if she goes away. This few months for the first time they were able to have heart-to-heart talk. To come so close to each other.For the first time she is able to connect and appreciate her daughter. I think that is the best gift for mom.
**************
On 27th 3.45pm, she takes the invitation to return HOME on the feast
of THE HOLY FAMILY. ..
LENA,May you rest in peace.
You will be always remembered in our hearts
Thank you for being our friend !
*********************
5 comments:
That’s how amazing God works!
The reconciliation works was done and peace within, among and beyond of the patient was accomplished during her final breath. Then I see that as God’s love and that love is strong enough for family members to sustain throughout their journey even though through their grief.
And being a tool of God, I believe that you have given your best too. Being and watching a person dying off is very painful, letting go and learning to draw the life energy also very important to you too.
加油!丽芬
美娟
I do not know what is the good word for Lena’s mother when she called me and told me at a tear, doctor in KL already gave up for her treatment.
I was wake up around 4.00 a.m consciously, a similar experience occur in early stage of Lena treatment in KL hospital.
Lena was in lung affection in late February consecutively for more than 2 weeks and the doctor was unable to do the radiotherapy for her. When I wake up, I said a petition to Jesus to stop her from ‘lung watering’. Few days later when I visited her she told me a miracle happened to her whereby Jesus touch her lung and her lung was stopped watering. That is a connection with God, me, Lena and other peoples who keep in Pray for her, I believe.
When I wake up again around 4.00, I asked God, whether can HE let Lena to recover so that she can work for you as many as she could. I also told God Lena ought to give ‘a reward’ because she has a heart of appreciation to you and peoples surround her although she experienced heavy pain and have a very very strong heart on you although she is fear.
At the end God doesn’t answered my prayer, but Lena gave me an example how I should deal with when sickness come on me one day…
Angela Lim
Hi Eliza, happy be able to read your blog again after some time of lapse. When I read Fr.Laurentius FB I came to know about her, then I remembered you shared with me about her when you came over to my house 2 weeks before Xmas. I always marvel how God live and lead in our lives. HE has plans for each of us. Our whole being is in HIS hands. At times I relate this to Buddhists saying : our life is predestined by "Tian gong"(The Almighty )I heard this often from my mom even when I was a child.
May her soul rest in peace! May God bless & console her family members esp her mom.
And may God bless those who had lend a helping hand to her in whatever way.
Let us continue to be Christ instruments to help those whom God send to us in our life.
No matter how little we can offer
our effort God is please and we will be rewarded.
Love,
Margaret
Thanks on sharing about Lina & also your other writings.
Pat
我雖沒探訪過她,也不認識她,但這几個月都從你們不同的部落格裡追蹤Lena的消息!還是会對她的離去感到心酸!但確能在她身上看到耶穌的愛和信仰的堅持!
丽芬,妳的陪伴和信仰精神~也是我們在學習的!
加油!朋友!
Anna 01-01-10
Post a Comment