Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fear Not ?


Fear not ?
Yes, sometimes we suddenly have a kind of undescribable fear in our thoughts especially when we're assigned to do an unfamiliar task. Of course, we can just ignore it and carry on whatever we're supposed to do or find a way to run away .
Yesterday morning when I woke up , I suddenly got this type of feeling - a fear of being embarrassed in front of the public.It was terrible, I imagined myself being scolded loudly by the authority. It began with a new given job that I was trying to reject. The authority, my new boss was furious when she found out my behaviour ! Silly me, at that moment suddenly I thought of two ways to end this shameful situation. One was to continue to find excuses to explain why I refuse the job, another one was to jump cheerfully and said," OK...ok , you insist I should take
this task ? Well, then I accept it !" Then I saw myself turned to the public, cheering and leading the crowd to clap hands happily. Ha...... the end of the fear ?
No, the fear was still there. It won't disappear immediately. It's my true feeling!
With this in mind I quickly acknowledge it by telling myself, " Yes, I've fear right now. Jesus please be with me."
After saying that, my life on that day continue with extra miserable as more new tasks are given to me. However, the day passed by with a kind of peace in my heart as I know Jesus was with me throughout the day. I slept well last night.
This morning a new fresh feeling came into my mind. A relief thought came back to me and said , "Yes, I'll take up the challenge and accept these jobs ! I've confidence that I can accomplish them.!"Wow, it was a very good feeling- a total accepting my fear by knowing that I can draw strength and wisdom from HIM.
Today while meditating Mark 6:45-52, saw myself together with the other disciples struggle ourselves rowing the boat where its wind was against us ! Jesus saw this and HE steadily walked on the lake and came near us. Amazing , unbelieveable , dumbfounded we saw what our "sifu" did. Yes, we gave the right response by acknowledging the FEAR immediately - we cried out ! Of course, "sifu" gave the calm assurance , " Hei guys, courage ! It's me ! Do not be afraid."
Then He got into the boat with them, and the wind dropped.
See, how important we accept ourselves by accepting our true feeling !
Expressing true feeling needs practise. :o)
Jia You ....!

No comments: