And two days ago we had our first HOUSE meeting where I had to brief a few hundred students.Besides giving them the latest sport info, we had to elect the HOUSE committee to carry out the sport practice for about 6 weeks.So, what's so interesting about the first meeting ?
Ha...ha ....It was carried out in a thunder storm. We were at an opened hall ( I mean a big roofed hall but without walls!) Can you recall the reading Matthew 8:23-26 where Jesus calms the storm while travelling with his disciples on a boat ? Well, that morning we were just about to start the meeting , suddendly the sky turned dark and strong wind approached followed by a fierce storm hitting us ! Imagine I was holding the microphone trying to calm down the students but failed.They were all screaming trying to avoid the rain that came in fiercely from one side of the hall. Wow, I saw my file flying , in seconds the rain wet the floor , and it was moving fast towards the students. Well, try to imagine how the students moving from side to side avoiding the rain ! The whole experience was like the wave rocking the disciples' boat in the storm! Luckily it stopped after a few minutes.Phew..... after that you should see how awkward I looked ! My glasses and hair were all wet !
Guess what happened in the end? Of course I was calm enough and managed to control the whole situation, and by hook or by crook the committee was formed.
I know Jesus was with us throughout the "storm". Two days before the meeting , I finally accepted this responsibility,I felt peace in my heart. I know it's not an easy job but I believe I can carry out this task with confidence.
Life is full of storms. Fear not ?? Acknowledge your fear and cry out to Jesus. HE reminds us "Why are you so afraid,you of little faith?" So, have faith and know that HE will journey with us and calm the storm :0)
Ha....... We were the LAST team last year ! Any hope this year ? Well, we'll try our best to improve :o) OK......let's go !
No comments:
Post a Comment