Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Be Still And Know

Peng is my hairdresser for many years. As usual, everytime we have a lot to talk about. However,not until two years ago I was surprised to meet her in church and only then we knew we are from the same church. She told me she would be baptised in that Easter. Later, she shared that since she has married to a christian, it's better to follow his religion. I guess her mother-in-law has also pressurised her son to persuade the wife to follow the family's belief. So, after married for a few years, Peng didn't mind the idea and finally followed suit.

This afternoon, we were talking about returning the old palm leaves for use as ashes on Ash Wedesday. Her husband reminded her to attend mass that evening so that they could get a new palm leaf. She was confused about that. I clarified with her that today is Ash Wedesday not Palm Sunday.She laughed at her husband's wrong information . She continued to share that her mother-in-law will put one palm leaf on top of the front door while another one on the small altar in the living room. According to her mother-in-law ,you can't simply put the palm leaves in any way you like.In fact there is a right way to put it. I was laughing that hopefully she wouldn't be mistaken that this little blessed palm leaf is used for exorcist.

Next, she salutes to her faithful mother-in-law who wakes up 5 o'clock every morning to say the Rosary. It seems she once had a vision of Mother Mary.At this moment, she said how wonderful it is if she has this type of experience. I smiled and shared with her that she has this living skill that each time she does a nice hair do to her customers, they are happy and eventually she has brightened up their days. "Yeah, it's great to see them going home smiling happily ! " She agreed excitedly. I explained that in the end everyone is in this delighted moment. This's because GOD is with her ! She is surprised to hear that she can actually encounter GOD's Presence in this way.

Due to her working condition,Peng not all the time can attend Sunday mass as her off day is on Tuesday. Anyway, her husband will make sure they attend all the church festivals.

"Oh LORD, I'm slow but pray that you'll continue to journey with me as I'll learn to know you day by day!" Amen.

Have a blessed Lent Session to Peng and family ;o)

No comments: