Crown Shyness
Look at this spectacular view ! It is taken in one of my visits to FRIM ( Forest Research Instiuture of Malaysia) at Kepong. This "puzzle-like"pattern is formed by individual tree crowns separated by gaps and outlined against the sky.And so this phenomenon is called "Crown Shyness". It seems the reason for its name is because the leaf tips of the Kapur tree , appear to be shy towards their own kind, hence forming the gap. Crown shyness is most evident when the trees are of the same species and age. Next time if you've the chance to Walk along Salleh Nature Trail ,don't forget to look up for this unique scene !
Oh yes, lucky I ! I even had a chance to see this fantastic view at a night walk two years ago at the same place :o) Though it was at night, our sky was never too dark, so I could still see the "puzzle-like" pattern. Oh gosh ! It was beautiful !
How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude! ~Emily Dickinson~
No comments:
Post a Comment