I was curious to know why she said that .She commented that sometimes their duties look silly and meaningless. For example when during assembly all the students are allowed to sit on the floor but they have to stand on guard (sometimes an hour ) which is very tiring and boring. At other time, they're scolded by the committee members if they've made any mistakes or not attending meeting after school. In her case, she presented a letter from her parent explaining why she couldn't stay back for the meeting but the reason was not accepted.She was disappointed that the committee members are very inconsiderate to her problem. Sometimes she was scolded for not putting a pin on her hair accidentally. She sounded very frustrated that all her other responsibilities are not appreciated.
"Tell me some of your happy experiences in this four years of being a school prefect ?"I asked her. She thought a while and replied,"Mmm...in one of the spot checks ,I was proud of myself for being able to find a mobile phone hidden inside a student's bag." She further recalled she has learnt the importance of cooperation, team work and having right attidute in some of the prefect's courses. "There you see,"I explained ," being a school prefect you actually has the opportunities to gain extra experiences that is not learnt from books but is equally important in education."From her sharing ,I can see that she is an observant and responsible person. Only we've ignored their contribution .I thanked her for helping the teachers to run the school in order.Telling her if without them,try to imagine how the teachers are going to contorl 2000+ students ? In fact they are doing a good job.As for the carelessness and all the scolding , I shared that she should allow herself to make mistake once in a while and think why the committee members are strict to them.She thought a while and guess she has found the answer.
Before ending the conversation I asked, " How do you feel about being a school prefect now?"She said with a smile, "I see that it is interesting to be a prefect after all !"
Reflection : Children gain confidence when adult affirm and appreciate them. Parents , teachers and even friends shouldn't be too stingy to praise and express their gratidude .They'll feel that they are important and are capable to carry out other responsibilities. All this is part of education.
* I'm just a little mushroom ,but I play
a role in this beautiful forest.
Please love me :o)
1 comment:
Very nice little mushroom. Red in colour very unusual.
God is a great artist ! Even paints beautiful colour in tiny plant.
Infact everything is precious in God's sight !!
Post a Comment