He, the boy that I mentioned before in one of my sharings, the so-called "monkey" that people were cursing and hopefully one day he will be kicked out from school.
He, just to name a few, is described as impolite, badly-behaved,undisciplined , uncontrollable , a big trouble-maker !
He, a frequent visitor to the discipline room, was punished for all types of wrong-doings.
He, walked into my class without acknowledged my presence, scolding and complaining angrily that the discipline master purposely wanted to punish him .
He, always disturbed my lesson but I tried to ignore him, but one day I've lost control and screamed loudly at him ! He got a shock to my action ! But I've never complained about him to the discipline master. I know there is always a reason for his behaviour. Sometimes punishment will not help a person to change.
Last week, we chatted. He told me he was a prefect when he was in Std 5 & 6 and he wasn't that bad in Form One and Two. He changed when he was in Form 3, all because he was puinshed unfairly. So, he hates the teachers and since then he just continued to behave as badly as possible. I took out a piece of paper and drew some stick figures. We started a journey to recall his past experiences. I helped him to see that there must be some good points that he was selected as a prefect in primary school. I told him that his friends admire his intelligence in Maths. And I praise him for his neat handwriting. He suddenly stop moving and you should see his expression when he heard this. Poor boy, I guess for a long time no one tells him that he is worthy and still has some good points. I told him it's a waste of energy to carry your hatred and spoil his reputation. I suggested why not channel all this energy and his good points in his studies and change his behaviour. I concluded why not prove to all these people that have misjudged him. He was thinking about it .I whispered to him, "Keep this piece of paper that shows your precious past experience." He put it in his pocket and sat quitely at his place.
Would he change ? Mmmm.. I don't know because today only I knew that his mother has already transferred him out of the school.
Yippee..ee.. he is finally (kick) out of the school !
Isn't it a good news to everyone ??
I'm ugly
but I'm worthy to live in this forest.
Please love me :o)
1 comment:
I am so touched by your story...
I think he is awakening...
Still need more time...
I believe he is transforming...
You have done a good job but not only having ordinary teaching routine, pray that the good teacher efforts will help this boy matured one day.
Anna Yan
Post a Comment