Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh Mamma Mia is here !


I’m listening to the movie Mamma Mia soundtrack while writing this sharing. Many of us who like ABBA’s timeless songs will definitely enjoy watching this movie. Remember those catchy songs like Dancing Queen,Mamma Mia ,Take A Chance On Me, Money, Money, Money ,I Have a Dream, Honey Honey, I Have A Dream, Fernaando ,Thank You For the Music ?

I have fond memories especially at younger age I liked to follow their latest hits. As a hobby I would copy the lyrics in my song collection book and sing along. ABBA, this Swedish pop group has presented many wonderful songs that has captured our hearts,right?

What more if you have the chance to watch the World’s No. 1 show : Mamma Mia musical direct from London’s West End ! STAR Paper reported that some 33,000 of Malaysians were catching the top-selling musical at Istana Budaya,KL from Dec 17 to Jan 1,09.Oh La La , 30th Dec 08 night was exciting as I was one of the audiences !

I’ve watched a few musical shows before but indeed this one really received an overwhelming response. Though it was expensive , the tickets were selling like hot cake. I bought the tickets two months ahead and lucky enough to get the Early Bird 20% . The process of getting the tickets was an interesting experience as they were selling fast and you might miss the show because you couldn’t afford to buy the best seat which cost more. It seemed not to disappoint the rest , 4 more shows were added and come to the total of 24 shows during the three-week run.

I really enjoyed listening to all the ABBA marvellous songs live on stage. A simple backdrop , simple love storylines but great effort was seen throughout the show. I believe from the beginning until the end the music continued to thrill the audiences. Some even sang along but to respect the others at the back, most of us didn’t stand up to dance . However , after tribute was given at the end of the show , everyone was on their feet, dancing and singing along to the musical’s hit songs. Wow, it was fantastic , what a great joy to be one of the audience ! It was a memorable night.

No comments: