Monday, December 29, 2008

TQ For Your Loving Care

I was assigned to teach this Form 3 class in the middle of the year. These were the remarks that I received from my colleagues : " Ah-ha,you are also teaching these devils !" ; "Wow,you can still survive with this bunch of naughty fellows !" ; " Pity all these well-behaved girls who are wrongly put with these bunch of monkeys !" ; " Where is that monkey fellow, must find a way to kick him out of the school!"........... well, now can you Imagine what type of situation I was in? Anyway, each week I managed to survive :o) Don't be mistaken that I was able to change them from bad to good. Actually at the end of the day they're still the same bunch of noisy, lazy, rude , playful , talkative ( plus using vulgar language) MONKEYs ! How did I go through all these ?? Well, I could only say a little prayer everytime before entering the class. Knowing my limitation and accepting them as who they're and appreciating their good strength ( yet to be noticed ) are the things I could do . I guess this helped me to have a little extra patience instead of losing my energy scolding them.One day, I saw something beautiful happened in this class .Ling was patiently teaching Yen ,a "not so bright" girl to solve a Maths question. Yen doesn't have a pretty look, long hair ,wearing a pair of heavy spectacle, very reserve and having a low self-esteem. That's why she has become an object of ridicule among the other classmates especially this bunch of "monkeys".

That day most of the hardworking ones were doing their PMR revision but Ling was step by step ,patiently teaching Yen. She was trying hard to understand the soluation but when she got it, Ling praised her excitingly. You should see Yen's smiling face when she heard that.I was pretending doing my work but I listened to their conversation attentively. I was touched by Ling. I told her she had done a great job by helping and assuring her classmate. Yen should be thankful to have a friend like her.The best part was, Yen didn't understand what I meant, so Ling explained to her in Chinese. Again, you could see Yen smiled shyly and thanked Ling. And they continued their discussion.
Tomorrow PMR result will be released.Newspaper will again highlight those with strings of As but for the weak ones ,they'll be forgotten. For Yen ,I'm sure that marvelous experience on that morning has built up a bit of her confidence and she'll be glad that there's still someone cares about her. For Ling, her kindness and acceptance of others should be a role model for us.Well, What is the big deal if you've strings of As but lack of As in your personality.


The way we choose to respond when others make mistakes can cause them to feel ashamed or can allow them to remember our kindness and share our stories with future generations. ~ Michelle Sedas~

No comments: