Friday, July 6, 2007

A Day @ FRIM on World Forestry Day



That early morning(1Apr07),four Form 5 boys & I went for the event.After registration I left them on their own as they would be taking part in the Green Hunt competition .For about 2 hours they had to search for a list of items found in the surrounding . Some of the questions were quite tricky whereby they needed to work as a team to observe carefully ,use some of their common senses & add a bit of humour in order to find the correct answers .At the end of the activity, you should see how many rounds they helped themselves for the food served for them.That showed how much energy they had used that morning.

As for me, I was one of the volunteers helping the Forest Scanner competition which was held at the other side of the main venue.My duty was to facilitate participants to collect insect specimens from the pond.The fun part was it started to rain in the middle of the activity! Participants were soaked through ! Luckily we facilitators were not wet .Why? Because we had umbrella! It looked a bit cruel ,right ? Anyway, I guess the participants enjoyed the competition :D

On the way home,my 4 students sounded happy as they had a chance to do something different from school. At least now they know where is FRIM situated. The only disappointment they had was not able to win any prizes.

No comments: